Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Sound of Music

During this trip I wanted to see as many countries as I could. That meant that being in Munich made it easy to do a day trip to Salzburg Austria, only an hour train ride away.

I did not know a whole lot about Salzburg and even less about Austria. Having four sisters however ensured that I had seen the movie Sound of Music and it took place in Salzburg. The first place I went from the train was to the garden right from the movie. It definitely reminded me of the movie.
I thought the garden was beautiful. Reminded me of Versaille. I thought about taking sometime and reading my newly purchased Diary of Anne Frank. Decided to wait and see if I had time later, there were other places to see, like Mozart's birth house.

Salzburg also has a famous chocolate cake, Sachertorte. I walked by the store that sold it and decided I must try a piece of my own. I ended up reading my book and eating the Sachertorte with a tea. I wasn't a big fan of it, but that is mostly because I am picky. I don't really like the
apricot jam that helps hold the layers together. It is also a Darker Chocolate which I am not particularly a fan of. I still think it looks really good though.
This is the view of Salzburg up near the castle. Those are the alps in the background, which is where my adventure went to next.

No comments:

Post a Comment