Saturday, September 10, 2011

My New Apartment in Kuwait

Since I couldn't get the video I made to upload, I took several pictures of my apartment. It is a lot better than my apartment in Korea, which if you can remember was one giant room with my kitchen in one corner and my bed in the other.

 Here is the living room area, this is the view you get as soon as you open my door (606).
 This is a look from the previous area at the hall and the rest of the living room.
 The TV is a pretty decent size. I am hoping to get a sport package so I can use it to its full potential. World Series and NHL hockey here I come! I'll throw in the odd football game too.
 My tiny kitchen.
 The kitchen doorway, that is also my washer/dryer.
 The washroom. Don't call it that though, you may confuse people. Instead you should say bathroom.
 My sink, my mirror and me!
 My messy room. I took several pictures of it for some reason.
 Looking at the quality of these pictures makes me miss my camera. I better put that on the list of things to buy!
 My unmade bed.
And finally, the view of my room from the doorway.

I haven't even started on the orientation activities, which were plentiful. I have been here for about 10 days but it feels like it has been longer. I have done so much stuff to get settled into my new home. I am already starting to feel comfortable with the area I live and with moving around the city.


I have some errands I have to run when I finally get paid. Like, for example, get a cell phone. I am almost feeling left out because pretty much everyone else has one. That is okay though. The school owns 2 floors of this building and I have met some pretty cool people on the floors. They are all really inclusive as well.


Tomorrow is the first day of school. Last week was spent preparing the classroom for tomorrow. I spent a few hours yesterday and about 4 hours there today. Everything is ready. I have been getting a lot of advice from veteran teachers on how to start off the class and am actually looking forward to the challenge that classroom management will bring.

Hopefully I will make a couple of posts next week about orientation and walking around the area. I have made some interesting observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment