Saturday, January 8, 2011

Toronto

Toronto is a city I have been to several times, but have visited very few times. I have heard it described as an American city in Canada, mostly because of how big it is. I spent a couple hours close to downtown Toronto twice every holiday, on my way home from University and then on my way back to University. I have also spent time there for international job interviews as well as to get my Korean work visa a few years ago. Living in such a close proximity I have never really visited Toronto for the sake of visiting as I have for many of the other cities found within this blog.

The times you could consider that I have visited the city have been pretty one dimensional, to see a baseball game. Throughout my life I have done this several times in spite of not being a Toronto Blue Jays fan. Since I was in University I have ensured I went to The Rogers Centre every time my team (the Detroit Tigers) has played there (assuming I have been in the country, I have missed the last 3 summers). I also do not object to seeing any team play there as I am a huge baseball fan.



That is all I have really done in the big city, at least recently. Before I had a camera I went to the Hockey Hall of Fame. It was cool and a very typical Canadian passion. Other than that, I have only wandered around the city. I guess that isn't too different from my experiences in other cities, it just feels too much like home to be anything special or take a ton of pictures of.

This is a picture of my favourite hockey teams logo, they play in Toronto. I have not been to a game in years because the price and popularity of the team. It also doesn't hurt that the Toronto Maple Leafs have been a pretty poor team lately and I have no desire to pay a vast amount of money to see my favourite team lose.

One thing I probably should do, and want to do is to climb the CN tower. When it was built it was the tallest tower in the world. It is something I always look for on the highway, even if I am only driving by Toronto. It is right beside The Rogers Centre, so I have been near it several times. I am sure there are great picture opportunities from the top of the tower, as well as fine (and expensive) dining opportunities. 

Another thing I want to do is go to Medieval Times. I have heard only good things about this place. It isn't exclusive to Toronto, but that doesn't make it any less cool. The theme of the meal is from the 11th century. There are also different performances that simulate life from the middle ages. It is on my list of things to see and do, and is perhaps is the easiest one on the list considering how close it is to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment